Finance Assistant & Office Manager
Download a copy of the job description here.
Working closely with the COO the Finance Assistant is at the centre of our organisation as a core link between all departments. You will assist in the management of all EMI finances, facilities and operations for an office and team of approximately 15-20 people. You will also have responsibility for assisting in the management of HR administration and training of the team. We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in finances, process improvement and in working closely with the COO you will have an opportunity to implement and manage change systems and procedures across the finance, administration, operations and HR functions.
Bookkeeping duties and preparation of accurate finance records:
- Accounts payable processing, payments and management of Creditors Control Account
- Accounts receivable processing, income recording and management of Debtors Control Account
- Direct Debit monthly processing
- Credit Card & Debit Card processing
- Bank Reconciliations monthly
- Management Accounts preparation in conjunction with the COO
- Assist the COO with allocation of central costs across various donor and budget lines
- Preparation of budget monitoring reports for Managers of EMI
- Help to provide financial information and reports to funders outlining the activities undertaken as committed to in funding applications
- Support the COO with the Annual Audit and provide information to the auditors for preparation of annual Financial Statements
- Work with the COO in preparation of EMI Finance and Audit Committee and work to provide reports for meetings
- Manage and liaise with all suppliers and work to ensure value for money
- In collaboration with other team members, manage all membership administration and issuing of annual invoices to European Movement Ireland’s membership base
- Assist the COO in management of HR online platform for recording annual leave, TOIL and working from home for all staff
- Ensure EMI complies fully with all Health & Safety legislation and practices
- Monitor the implementation of the new EDI (Equality, Diversity & Inclusion) Policy of EMI with the COO
- Assist with Inductions of all new staff members and updating the EMI induction pack
- Provide for the smooth and effective running of the organisation through managing all facilities and infrastructure supports of the office
- Act in accordance with the objectives and ethos of European Movement Ireland
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time
Experience and Skills:
- Accounting / bookkeeping qualification or part qualification at Accounting Technician level or similar
- Accounts Payable and Receivable experience
- Knowledge and user experience of Microsoft Office software
- Experience of preparation of management accounts in excel to draft level
- Budget management experience for a small organisation
- General office management experience and working as part of a collaborative team
- Good organisational, planning and problem-solving skills
- The ability to adapt to the needs of a busy and changing environment and deliver tasks within time constraints and react effectively to changing priorities
- Possess strong attention to detail and high accuracy
- The ability to work on one’s own initiative and to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Sage Software packages
- CRM / HR Locker system experience
- Experience of developing, implementing and reporting on funded projects and programmes
- Understanding of non-governmental organisations and the financial environment in which they operate an advantage
- Part-Time: 2 to 3 days per week (open to flexibility on working arrangements)
- Range €30,000 – €35,000 (full time equivalent) depending on experience
Please apply through the EMI website with your CV and Cover letter (max 3 pages) in one PDF file via the online submission form.
Applications received by email will not be considered.
The closing date for receipt of applications is close of business on Monday 29th January 2024.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an in-person interview in Dublin City Centre on the week commencing 5th February 2024. Whilst we would love to speak to each and every applicant, where this is not possible, we will endeavour to contact you via email.