Are you passionate about current affairs, politics and European relations? Are you seeking to supplement your academic experience in a dynamic, real-world environment, where no two days are ever the same? Applications to the EM Ireland Stage are now open.
About EM Ireland
Founded in 1954, European Movement (EM) Ireland is the longest established Irish NGO working on European affairs. An independent, not-for-profit, membership organisation, EM Ireland works to develop the connection between Ireland and Europe through advocacy campaigns, education programmes, training courses, information briefings and networking events.
About EM Ireland Stage Programme Placements
- EM Ireland Stagiaries receive in-depth induction training, a personal development plan, ongoing career coaching and mentorship, networking opportunities and regular support from the EM Ireland Senior Management team.
- Stagiaires learn directly from experienced members of the team, but can be afforded opportunities to learn new skills in areas such as policy & research, education, events, communications and outreach.
Here’s what past participants in the programme had to say about their experience:
“My experience with European Movement Ireland has undoubtably already enhanced my career prospects and put me in a better position to compete for Jobs in this field. It has also set a standard in my mind as to how an organization should be run and how senior staff should treat new team members. If I am in a position of seniority in future, I hope to give as much time, attention, and assistance to a new team member as you have all given me.”
Caoimhe McCarthy – Former Stagiaire
Key attributes required:
- Ability to write to a high standard.
- Strong research skills, academically and or otherwise.
- Third level degree in a field related to the work of EM Ireland.
- Genuine interest in European affairs.
- Ability to integrate effectively into a small team.
To apply: Applications are now being accepted via the dedicated portal on the EM Ireland Website. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept applications via email.
Proposed Timeline (Subject to change)
- Closing date for Applications: February 16th at 5pm
- Interviews scheduled to take place: February 27th
- The commencement date for the placement is March 13th 2023
Due to the nature of the work of the organisation, fully remote Stage Placements cannot be facilitated.