A free Workshop for Students Interested in taking part in the 2024 European Commission Student Media Award with a chance to win a €1000 prize.
The European Commission Representation in Ireland, supported by European Movement Ireland, ran a hybrid media workshop on Wednesday 29 November 2023 for third-level students who are interested in applying for the 2024 Student Media Awards (SMEDIAs) in the category for journalism on EU issues, sponsored by the European Commission.
This hybrid event provided attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Be prepared and equipped to submit a piece for the European Commission Award in the upcoming SMEDIAs competition.
- Leave with the knowledge and confidence to research EU affairs both for this project and into the future.
- Meet with journalists, communications professionals and EU affairs experts who will give them a crash course on the European Union and writing about Europe.
Date: Wednesday, 29 November 2023
Time: 12:00-14:00 – light refreshments and registration from 11:30
In-Person Location: Europe House, 12-14 Mount Street Lower, Dublin 2, D02 W710
This year’s guest speakers were:
- Christine Finn, The Journal
- Conor Capplis, The Irish Times
- Tom O’Connor, Winner of the 2023 European Commission SMEDIAs Award
Moderator: Elizabeth Moody, Education Manager, European Movement Ireland
This workshop took the format of insights for journalists and a Q&A session with participants.