Download a copy of the job description here.
Working closely with the Head of Business Development the Events Officer will primarily work on all preparation and management of our range of events as well as providing administrative support as required. We are looking for someone with drive, passion, flexibility, and commitment to join the team at an important time for Ireland and Europe. The role of the Events Officer will work closely on events with key stakeholders such as Governmental Departments, EU Institutions and European organisations. These events will primarily take place in Ireland with a small number overseas.
- Support the Head of Business Development in planning and organising a wide range of events, including EM Ireland Member events and contracted events with stakeholders.
- Manage the Events Schedule, maintaining and tracking all events progress across the organisation.
- Daily project management of events and updating planning documents and timelines of events.
- Deliver logistical support in the planning and delivery of in-person and Hybrid events including sourcing venues, agreeing catering requirements and booking photographers.
- Assist in the sourcing of event speakers and providing support to them with briefings, test calls and answering event-related queries.
- Create relevant content for the EM Ireland website relating to events including event registration and promotion along with drafting event invitations and emails to attendees, researching target audiences for each event, and responding to event related queries.
- Manage and run events, along with building and managing strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver events.
- Maintain the event budget and manage project costs liaising with the Finance Team to ensure timely payment of event-related invoices.
- Ensure accurate reporting of events’ performance internally, to key stakeholders and in line with contracted obligations.
- Effective use of digital tools to promote engagement, participation, and feedback in accordance with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Work on various other projects, events and programmes as may be reasonably required from time to time.
- Keeping up to date with current issues and public opinion concerning Irish and European Affairs.
Experience and Skills:
- A relevant third-level qualification.
- 1 – 2 years of relevant work experience in events or project management.
- A proven ability to assist the delivery of projects, work effectively as part of a team and take ownership of tasks seeing them through to completion and successful outcome.
- Good organisational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to adapt to the needs of a busy and changing environment and deliver tasks within time constraints and react effectively to changing priorities.
- Possess strong attention to detail and high accuracy.
- The ability to work on one’s own initiative and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written communication skills and digital skills, familiarity with WordPress, MailChimp and Canva are beneficial.
- Appreciation of non-governmental organisations and the environment in which we operate.
- Very good knowledge and/or experience of EU affairs.
- Experience of working in an EU Institution Agency.
- Experience of developing, implementing and reporting on funded projects and programmes.
- Existing media and stakeholder relationships relevant to the role.
- Language skills, particularly Irish.
- Full-time, permanent role, based in Dublin city centre with a blended working arrangement and travel as required.
- Hybrid working – based in Dublin 2
- Competitive salary
Please apply through the EMI website with your CV and Cover letter (max 3 pages) in one PDF file via the online submission form.
Applications received by email will not be considered.
The closing date for receipt of applications is close of business on Thursday, 23rd November 2023.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an in-person interview in Dublin City Centre on the week commencing 4th December 2023. Whilst we would love to speak to each and every applicant, where this is not possible, we will endeavour to contact you via email.