On 22 May 2014, elections to the European Parliament took place in Ireland, determining who would represent us there until 2019. Prior to these elections, the Lisbon Treaty laid down the following rules regarding the European Parliament: The maximum number of MEPs is 751 The minimum number of MEPs per […]
When we think of Ireland’s relationship with the EU, it can be hard to look past the last number of years. However, our European relationship extends back much further. In 1961, Ireland and the UK first made enquiries into joining the then European Economic Community (EEC), with our first application […]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- ICYMI | "While we've the principles and parameters in place on the major prio...
- ✍️ EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S BLOG | The end of the beginning and the beginning...
- The European Council (Art. 50) today adopted guidelines for the second phase ...
- 🎄| All set here in Europe House for the annual EM Ireland Christmas Member...
- 📸 Citizens' Dialogue on the #FutureofEurope
🗓 Thursday ...