Parliamentary elections took place in Bulgaria on 12 May 2013. Preliminary official results released on 14 May show that the centre-right Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (Gerb) Party, which is led by former Bulgarian Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, received 30.7% of the vote. The Bulgarian Socialist Party came a […]
European Finance Ministers met for two days in Dublin Castle last week to discuss a packed agenda in one of the most high profile meetings of the Irish Presidency so far. The most significant outcome of the meeting from an Irish perspective was the deal struck on Friday to postpone […]
In the early hours of the morning of Monday 25 March, Cyprus agreed a last minute bailout deal with the Finance Ministers of the Eurozone. A €10 billion bailout deal to recapitalise Cypriot banks and to ensure that it remains within the Eurozone was agreed. Cyprus is now is the […]
The horse meat scandal in Ireland and the United Kingdom The presence of horse meat was first discovered by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) under its food fraud programme. Of the 27 frozen beef burgers tested, 37% tested positive for equine DNA. The results of these tests were […]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- We've been out west, down south, up north & now in the east! ✅
- Agreement, reform, trade, #FutureOfEurope and bilateral relationships- Panel ...
- Week 1⃣1⃣ | Blue Star Programme #OneAWeek
We're in Cork this week with @...
- Green energy. Gender pay equality. Jobs of the future #feedback #future of Eu...
- Globally competitive. Security through cooperation. #education. #parental lea...