On 19 April, we will be asking people living in the East to join this conversation and to feed into the Future of Europe process at a Citizens’ Dialogue in Meath County Council Offices. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and European Movement Ireland are delighted to invite you to join the Minister […]
What is the current composition of the European Parliament? There are currently 751 Members of the European Parliament (MEPs). The Treaty on European Union (TEU) outlines that no Member State can have fewer than six MEP seats or more than 96. There is also a policy of ‘degressive proportionality’, whereby […]
What is the Spitzenkandidaten process? The Spitzenkandidaten process is a way of giving EU citizens a say in the appointment of the President of the European Commission. Each European Parliament political group selects a lead candidate, which is where the name Spitzenkandidat comes from (it translates as lead candidate from […]
Dublin, 17 January 2018: European Movement (EM) Ireland today hosted a seminar in the Department of the Taoiseach on the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the European Union, and launched its Bulgarian Presidency Calendar which runs from 1 January to 30 June 2018. Speaking at the event, the Ambassador of the Republic […]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- Green energy. Gender pay equality. Jobs of the future #feedback #future of Eu...
- Globally competitive. Security through cooperation. #education. #parental lea...
- More action on #environment. #futureofeurope
- Peace & peace keeping. Food security & food safety. Learning from each other....
- Streamline and harmonise regulations. Protect rule of law. Improve infrastruc...