Luxembourg went to the polls on Sunday, 14 October to elect a new Parliament, known as the ‘Chambre des députés’, or Chamber of Deputies. While the centre-right Christian Social People’s Party (CSV) won the most seats as a single party with 21 seats, the current centre-left coalition government made up […]
The Latvian electorate went to the polls on Saturday, 6 October to elect a new Parliament, known as the ‘Saeima’. Seven political parties secured enough votes to take seats in Parliament, with the Social Democratic Party, ‘Harmony’, topping the polls with 19.8 per cent of the vote. Coalition negotiations are […]
They say a week is a long time in politics. It’s easy to forget that it was only this time last week that Theresa May was making a speech from 10 Downing Street re-stating her commitment to the UK government’s ‘Chequers proposal’. It came after EU leaders had met in […]
The European Council met in Salzburg, Austria for an informal meeting under the Leaders’ Agenda on 19-20 September to discuss migration, internal security, and Brexit. The informal summit was hosted by Austrian Chancellor, Sebastian Kurz, as Austria currently holds the rotating Presidency of the Council of the European Union (EU). […]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- 2 weeks to the @eurireland Smedia Workshop. Great line up of speakers for th...
- Here at EM Ireland we are very proud to be the Programme's National Implement...
- 🆕 #JustTheFacts | Luxembourg General Election, October 2018 🇱🇺
- Now we're trying to reach out to even more people to hear their views!
- 📹 Earlier this year we toured the country, talking to people about their v...