On Thursday, 28 June, the European Council met in Brussels to discuss a wide range of issues including migration, security and defence, jobs, growth and competitiveness. On Friday, 29 June, EU leaders met in an EU27 format to discuss the Brexit negotiations. EU27 leaders also met for a Euro Summit to […]
The United Nations defines migrants as people who choose to move to another country mainly to improve their lives by finding work, or in some cases for education, family reunion, or other reasons. Refugees, on the other hand, are defined as fleeing armed conflict or persecution and cannot return home […]
Commenting on the UK Government’s proposals, Noelle O Connell, Executive Director of EM Ireland, said: “The UK’s reaffirmation of the ‘backstop’ option is very welcome, especially in advance of the European Council summit in June. The ‘backstop’ agreed between the EU and UK last December safeguards not only the Good […]
On Thursday, 17 May, EU leaders and the leaders of the six Western Balkan partners (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia) met in Sofia, Bulgaria. Security and connectivity were the themes of this first EU-Western Balkans Summit since 2003. EU Member State […]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- #EMIAGM2018 | And that's a wrap!
👏 Many thanks to everyone in attendance...
- #EMIAGM2018 | We're delighted to welcome @fotoole to be the guest speaker ton...
- #EMIAGM2018 | Our ED @Noelle_OC is currently going through the 2017 Annual Re...
- #EMIAGM2018 | Getting everything ready for our AGM this evening where our mem...
- Great crowds at the EU tent at the #ploughing18. You'll find us in there tomo...