On Friday, 23 February 2018, the European Council met in Brussels at an informal meeting to discuss the EU’s long-term budgetary plans and Institutional issues. Brexit, relations with Turkey, and Syria were also discussed. The meeting took place under the Leaders’ Agenda and as the discussions were future-orientated, leaders met […]
Presidential elections took place in the Czech Republic over two rounds of voting, which took place on 12-13 and 26-27 January. Nine candidates stood for election, including the incumbent President, Miloš Zeman, who was re-elected for a second term in office. Background The President of the Czech Republic is elected […]
On Thursday 19 October, the European Council met in Brussels to discuss migration, digital Europe, security and defence, and external relations. On Friday 20 October, the EU leaders met in an EU27 format to review the Article 50 negotiations. Migration EU leaders concluded that the approach taken on migration, which […]
EM Ireland notes challenging Brexit negotiations ahead for new Taoiseach Dublin, 15 June, 2017: European Movement Ireland has today congratulated Taoiseach Leo Varadkar, TD, on his election to the office and welcomed the announcement of his new cabinet. Mr Maurice Pratt, Chairman of EM Ireland, in congratulating Taoiseach Leo Varadkar […]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- ✍️ #ICYMI | Our most recent #JustTheFacts | Luxembourg General Election, ...
- 2 weeks to the @eurireland Smedia Workshop. Great line up of speakers for th...
- Here at EM Ireland we are very proud to be the Programme's National Implement...
- 🆕 #JustTheFacts | Luxembourg General Election, October 2018 🇱🇺
- Now we're trying to reach out to even more people to hear their views!