Federal elections were held in Germany on Sunday 24 September 2017. The centre-right Christian Democrat alliance (CDU-CSU) led by Chancellor Angela Merkel had been in a ‘grand coalition’ with the centre-left Social Democrats (SPD) since November 2013. Provisional results released by the Federal Returning Officer indicate that the CDU-CSU remain […]
Cork business community hears that companies need to increase their focus on preparing their employees for Brexit Cork, 25 September 2017: Today in Cork, at the second in a series of ‘Brexit and Beyond’ seminars which are being held across Ireland and the UK, the emphasis was very much on […]
President of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, delivered his third annual ‘State of the European Union’ address at the European Parliament in Strasbourg yesterday, 13 September 2017. The forward-looking speech, entitled ‘Catching the Wind in Our Sails’, took stock of the achievements of the past year and set out the […]
European Movement Ireland has sought to provide a comprehensive list of the EU and UK documents and position papers, as well as Irish government documents, which have been released to date. Introduction On 29 March 2017, the UK invoked Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union, formally beginning the […]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- 🎄| All set here in Europe House for the annual EM Ireland Christmas Member...
- 📸 Citizens' Dialogue on the #FutureofEurope
🗓 Thursday ...
- #EUJobs | Applications are open for jobs and traineeships all over Europe, in...
- ✍️European Commission President, Jean-Claude Juncker signed today the new...
- Ahead of today's European Council meeting to decide on whether sufficient pro...