Presidential elections took place in the Republic of Cyprus over the course of two rounds of voting, with the first round taking place on 28 January 2018. Nine candidates stood for election, including the incumbent President, Nicos Anastasiades. Voters went to the polls once again in the run-off on Sunday, […]
Presidential elections were held in Finland on Sunday, 28 January 2018, with eight candidates contesting the election. Finnish President, Sauli Niinistö, was re-elected for a second term as President. For the first time since 1994, there was no second round run-off as President Niinistö secured more than 50 per cent […]
Presidential elections took place in the Czech Republic over two rounds of voting, which took place on 12-13 and 26-27 January. Nine candidates stood for election, including the incumbent President, Miloš Zeman, who was re-elected for a second term in office. Background The President of the Czech Republic is elected […]
My thoughts following the declaration of sufficient progress in the first phase of Brexit negotiations. Today, the European Council concluded that there has been ‘sufficient progress’ in the first phase of the negotiations on the priorities of citizens’ rights, the financial settlement and the unique circumstances on the island of Ireland. Brexit […]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- 2 weeks to the @eurireland Smedia Workshop. Great line up of speakers for th...
- Here at EM Ireland we are very proud to be the Programme's National Implement...
- 🆕 #JustTheFacts | Luxembourg General Election, October 2018 🇱🇺
- Now we're trying to reach out to even more people to hear their views!
- 📹 Earlier this year we toured the country, talking to people about their v...