On 22 May 2014, elections to the European Parliament took place in Ireland, determining who would represent us there until 2019. Prior to these elections, the Lisbon Treaty laid down the following rules regarding the European Parliament: The maximum number of MEPs is 751 The minimum number of MEPs per […]
When we think of Ireland’s relationship with the EU, it can be hard to look past the last number of years. However, our European relationship extends back much further. In 1961, Ireland and the UK first made enquiries into joining the then European Economic Community (EEC), with our first application […]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- ✍️ NEW | Our latest #AllEUNeedToKnow
UK White Paper on the Future Relati...
- And it's celebrations for #TeamSharon this morning as she is officially the E...
- EM Ireland is delighted to be celebrating French #FeteNationale once again wi...
- 🇫🇷🇫🇷🇫🇷 It’s Bastille Day #14juillet #FeteNationale https:...
- @IrlEmbCroatia You sure did, from Day 1! 😃👏