“So, here it is, six pages: the notification from Prime Minister Theresa May, triggering Article 50 and formally starting the negotiations of the United Kingdom’s withdrawal from the European Union.” These were the words spoken by Donald Tusk, President of the European Council, confirming that the ‘Dear Donald,’ letter had […]
‘Ireland must play an active role in re-shaping the EU post-Brexit’ Dublin, Wednesday 29 March, 2017: In the wake of UK Prime Minister Theresa May invoking Article 50 today, European Movement (EM) Ireland is calling for Ireland to use its voice fully across all the negotiating tables. Speaking earlier […]
What is Article 50? Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union (EU) gives any EU Member State the right to leave the Union. Simply put, triggering Article 50 is the EU’s equivalent of starting divorce proceedings. It’s a little like the leader of a country saying that it no […]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- 🆕 #AllEUNeedToKnow | The Common Travel Area Explained
Want to know 🤔:
- Great line up of speakers for this year's @eurireland @TheSmedias workshop
- New publication arrival into the office this sunny Friday evening... 📗
- 📋 PRESS RELEASE | EM Ireland's reaction to the European Council Summit.
- 🆕 #JustTheFacts | European Council Summit, 17-18 October 2018 #EUCO