Education and Training Manager
Are you passionate about education, training and advocacy? Do you have an interest in current affairs, politics and international relations? Do you like a job where no two days are ever the same? If so, read on…
European Movement Ireland is recruiting!
Originally founded in 1954, European Movement Ireland is a not-for-profit, voluntary, membership- based civil society organisation working to make the connection between Irish people and the EU. With a dynamic and enthusiastic team, we run a series of campaigns, programmes and projects in a changing, fast –paced and committed environment. This represents an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant and growing organisation.
Education & Training Manager
Key Objectives & Main Responsibilities
- Manage and deliver a variety of national and thematic education and training campaigns and programmes for the organisation critical to the success of European Movement Ireland’s Strategic Plan
- Act as Project Manager for a number of our flagship Education Campaigns including: Blue Star Programme, My Vision for Europe, Youth Media Irish Presidency and other Education and training projects such as the College of Europe Irish Application process
- Run educational, training and information events to a variety of target audiences throughout Ireland to a high standard and on budget
- Develop and organise a training programmes for a range of actors including members, elected officials and key stakeholders
- Leverage current affairs opportunities to raise public awareness of EU issues and through various media and fora
- Support and manage the team of project officers and interns
- Act as a representative of European Movement Ireland as appropriate and keep up to-date with current issues and public opinions.
- Assist in drafting, research and development of publications and briefings relevant to the role
- Develop and maintain key relationships with Stakeholders
- Act in accordance with the objectives and ethos of the organisation
Experience and Knowledge
- Educated to honours degree level in a European-related discipline or similar (e.g. Education, Training, Law, Social Sciences, Politics, Business )
- Experience in a broad education/advocacy and/ public Affairs/Policy role
- General office management Experience and experience in working as part of a collaborative team
- Knowledge and understanding of the external policy environment as it relates to Ireland’s relationship with the European Union is essential
- Knowledge of non-governmental organisations and the environment in which they operate preferable
- Experience in project management with a track record of delivering on objectives
- Research and development skills with experience of generating content for publication, dissemination and distribution (e.g. publication of reports, Strategy documents, position papers, articles, newsletters etc.)
Skills and Special Aptitudes
- Excellent oral, written, numerical, communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate and interface with a varied and different national and international stakeholder base
- Strong analytical skills with well-developed attention to detail
- strong organisational, presentation and multi-tasking skills with ability to work independently
- Ability to manage a complex workload in a fast-paced and changing environment within a small dynamic team
- Familiar with and comfortable in the use and promotion of a wide range of communications and social media tools and strong IT skills particularly MS Office
- Though not essential, a second European language would be useful
- Full driving license and use of car would be helpful
Based in Dublin at European Movement Ireland Offices
Reporting to the Executive Director, this person will be a key member of the management team. The successful candidate will work closely with the EM Ireland Board, Advisory Council, other Managers and team members. S/he will manage potentially a number of project officers and will supervise the work of a number of interns.
Please send a CV and cover letter by email including details of your current remuneration package and details of 2 referees to:
Noelle O Connell, Executive Director, European Movement Ireland
Tel: 01 662 5815 | Email: email@example.com.
Applications must be received by 5pm, Friday 16th August 2013. Shortlisting will apply and Interviews will take place in Dublin on Thursday 29th August 2013.
European Movement Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer