European Movement Ireland (EM Ireland) (‘the Data Controller’) is committed to ensuring full compliance with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and relevant Irish legislation. This Privacy Statement sets out how we deal with your personal data.
Your personal data
Your personal data is any information that can directly or indirectly identify you e.g. name, email address, phone number.
EM Ireland is committed to protecting your rights under GDPR, these include:
- The right to be informed about the data held and how it is used;
- The right to access any of your personal data held by us;
- The right to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected;
- The right to have your personal data deleted;
- The right to place restrictions on how your data is processed by us;
- The right to instruct us to transfer your data to a third party;
- The right to object to the inclusion of any information;
- The right to regulate any automated decision-making and profiling of personal data.
Types of data we hold
The data we collect on you is data which you provide to us when you subscribe to one of our newsletters, attend or book a place at one of our events, fill out a feedback form, apply for a job or a stage, or join as a member. These may include your name, email, phone number, organisation, or job title.
Why we collect your data
We keep personal data for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you about activities, publications and news that may be of interest to you;
- To invite you to events and opportunities that may be of interest to you;
- To improve the services, events and information we offer;
- To conduct normal recruitment processes;
- To provide you with membership services.
Your personal data may also be anonymised and used for statistical purposes.
Sharing your personal data
In certain circumstance, we need to share personal data in compliance with in pursuit of legitimate interests of EM Ireland, for example the use of processors to manage communications, surveys or the secure storage of your data. Where EM Ireland engages third parties to process data on its behalf, it will ensure via a data processing agreement with the third party, that the third party takes the measures necessary to maintain the organisation’s commitment to protecting data.
All personal data is stored within the European Economic Area or countries that have been designated as adequate by the European Commission. We will not transfer any data to a third country or international organisation without your explicit consent and without appropriate privacy safeguards in place.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out within our formal records retention policies and do not maintain data beyond what is absolutely required by law.
Changes to our policy
For further information please contact the EM Ireland Data Protection Representative via email email@example.com or by writing to: Data Protection, European Movement Ireland, 8 Lower Fitzwilliam St, Dublin 2,
You can contact the Data Protection Commissioner (Ireland) on +353 (0761) 104 800; via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to: The Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23