The College of Europe is an independent university institute of postgraduate European studies with campuses in Bruges and Natolin. The online application for the 2017-2018 academic year is now open. If you wish to apply, submit your complete application before the deadline of 18 January 2017.
The College of Europe was the world’s first university institute of postgraduate studies and training in European affairs. Its origins date back to the 1948 Hague Congress when Salvador de Madariaga, a Spanish statesman, thinker and writer in exile, proposed the establishment of a College where university graduates from many different countries could study and live together.
The College of Europe
Each year, the College of Europe accepts students who wish to study at postgraduate level at its Bruges (Belgium) or Natolin (Warsaw, Poland) campuses.
Traditionally, the Irish Department of Education and Skills provides three scholarships to Irish students who wish to study at the College. For the past six years, European Movement Ireland has administered the application process on behalf of the Department.
These scholarships are open to Irish students studying politics, law, economics, European studies, etc., and offer an excellent opportunity for Irish graduates who are interested in working in Europe to develop their knowledge and skills and to experience education in a truly international environment. Information about the postgraduate courses on offer in the College of Europe is available from the College’s website www.coleurope.eu/.
Both scholarship and non-scholarship applications from prospective students who wish to study at the College are reviewed by an independent Irish National Selection Committee, with interviews taking place in spring.
Want to Apply?
Applications for admission to the College of Europe are now to be completed entirely online. The deadline for the online application for the 2017-2018 academic year is 18 January 2017. For more information on the application process and what is involved, visit the admissions page here. If you are interested in applying, please see the details below. All applicants, including those who do not apply for a scholarship, must indicate their selection committee (in the case of Irish applicants, this is European Movement Ireland) in the application form.
In order to complete the online application, you will need the following information/documents:
- Title of degree(s) already obtained: start and end date (university, faculty, etc.)
- Title of degree(s) to be obtained: start and end date (university, faculty, etc.)
- Other academic activities
- Professional experience: type, employer, start and end date, job title
- Language knowledge (French, English and other), see language requirements page
- Motivation (max. 600 words)
- Names and e-mail addresses of 2 university professors in order for you to send a reference request to them via the online application system
- CV in Europass format
- Copy of your university degree(s) – document(s) in the original language and translation if not in English (if you are not yet in possession of your final degree, please send it as soon as it is available)
- Transcript(s) from your university, faculty, school, detailing results for every year of your studies and grades obtained – document(s) in the original language and translation if not in English
- Passport or national identity card
- Passport photo
Please upload your documents in PDF format only (JPG and PNG only when specified).
If you would like more information on applying to the College of Europe, please contact Nora at email@example.com.