The deadline for applications to the College of Europe in 2015-2016 has now closed.
Applications for admission to the College in 2016 will open towards the end of this year. Keep an eye on this page for more information.
Traditionally, the Irish Department of Education and Skills provides three scholarships to Irish students who wish to study at the college. For the past three years, EM Ireland have administered the application process on behalf of the Department.
These scholarships are open to Irish students studying politics, law, economics, European studies, etc., and offer an excellent opportunity for Irish graduates who are interested in working in Europe to develop their knowledge and skills and to experience education in a truly international environment.
Information about the post-graduate courses on offer in the College of Europe is available from the College’s website www.coleurop.be
Both scholarship and non-scholarship applications from prospective students who wish to study at the college are reviewed by an independent Irish National Selection Committee, with interviews taking place in late Spring. The interviews for the 2015/2016 academic year will take place from March 5-6 2015.
Want to apply?
Applications for admission to the College of Europe are now to be completed entirely online. For more information on the application process and what is involved, visit the admissions page here. If you are interested in applying, please see the below.
Candidates must submit a formal application for admission, which consists of an online application, available here.
The applications for the 2015/2016 academic year closed on February 3 2015. Applications for the 2016/2017 academic year will likely open in November 2015.
All applicants, including students who do not apply for a scholarship, must indicate their selection committee (in the case of Irish applicants, this is European Movement Ireland) in the application form.
In order to complete the online application, you will need the following information/documents:
- title of degree(s) already obtained: start and end date (university, faculty, etc.)
- title of degree(s) to be obtained: start and end date (university, faculty, etc.)
- other academic activities
- professional experience: type, employer, start and end date, job title
- language knowledge (French, English and other), level see language requirements pages
- motivation (max 600 words)
- Names and e-mail addresses of 2 university professors – they have until February 13 (close of day) to submit their reference letters
- CV in Europass format
- copy of your university degree(s) – document(s) in the original language and translation if not in English (if you are not yet in possession of your final degree, please send it as soon as it is available)
- transcript from your University, Faculty, School, detailing results for every year of your studies and grades obtained – document in the original language and translation (if not in English)
The deadline for applications for the 2015/2016 academic year has now passed.
If you would like some more information on applying to the College of Europe, contact Joe, EM Ireland’s Education and Training Officer, at email@example.com.