The deadline for applications to the College of Europe has been extended until Tuesday 3rd February 2015!
Applications will be reviewed by an independent panel and selected candidates will be invited for interview in March 2015.
Traditionally, the Irish Department of Education and Skills provides three scholarships to Irish students who wish to study at the college. For the past three years, EM Ireland have administered the application process on behalf of the Department.
These scholarships are open to Irish students studying politics, law, economics, European studies, etc., and offer an excellent opportunity for Irish graduates who are interested in working in Europe to develop their knowledge and skills and to experience education in a truly international environment.
Information about the post-graduate courses on offer in the College of Europe is available from the College’s website www.coleurop.be
Both scholarship and non-scholarship applications from prospective students who wish to study at the college are reviewed by an independent Irish National Selection Committee, with interviews taking place in late Spring. The interviews for the 2015/2016 academic year are likely to take place in March 2015.
Want to apply?
This year, for the first time, applications for admission to the College of Europe are to be completed online. For more information on the application process and what is involved, visit the admissions page here. If you are interested in applying, please see the below.
Candidates must submit a formal application for admission, which consists of an online application, available here.
Applications need to be submitted with all the requested supporting documents before the extended deadline of 3 February 2015. All applicants, including students who do not apply for a scholarship, must indicate their selection committee (in the case of Irish applicants, this is European Movement Ireland) in the application form.
In order to complete the online application, you will need the following information/documents:
- title of degree(s) already obtained: start and end date (university, faculty, etc.)
- title of degree(s) to be obtained: start and end date (university, faculty, etc.)
- other academic activities
- professional experience: type, employer, start and end date, job title
- language knowledge (French, English and other), level see language requirements pages
- motivation (max 600 words)
- Names and e-mail addresses of 2 university professors – they have until February 13 (close of day) to submit their reference letters
- CV in Europass format
- copy of your university degree(s) – document(s) in the original language and translation if not in English (if you are not yet in possession of your final degree, please send it as soon as it is available)
- transcript from your University, Faculty, School, detailing results for every year of your studies and grades obtained – document in the original language and translation (if not in English)
The deadline for applications has been extended until 3 February 2015.
If you would like some more information on applying to the College of Europe, contact Joe, EM Ireland’s Education and Training Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.